Based in COMPANY_BASED
May 29th, 2019
Rhythm-based 3d Platformer
Feel like solving three-dimensional riddles to a frenetic electronic soundtrack? Let Vectronom inject its colorful madness into your life! It’s easy to get into the groove but can you stick to the beat?A CAPTIVATING ATMOSPHERE
Welcome to the psychedelic world of Vectronom: experience waves of color and a pulsing geometric path that changes with the beat... All set to a hypnotic electronic soundtrack. There’s only one thing to do: turn up the volume and go with the flow.SOLVE PUZZLES AT THE SPEED OF SOUND
Find your path through an ever-changing world, keeping the rhythm with every move you make. Think it sounds easy? The highly intuitive and addictive gameplay will keep you moving through daunting challenges... But how long will you last when the challenges get trickier and trickier? Better play to find out!PLAY ON YOUR OWN OR WITH FRIENDS
Set off on a solo campaign with just your headphones for company, or invite a few friends to join the party! ♪ UNTZ! UNTZ! UNTZ! ♪
Co-produced and published by ARTE, Vectronom is the first video game from independent studio Ludopium. The prototype was developed in the Franco-German accelerator program Spielfabrique. The game has already won several awards, including “Best Game” at the Indie Arena Booth at Gamescom 2018 and GDC’s “Best in Play” 2019.
- A challenging solo campaign that will completely entrance you
- A drop-in, drop-out multiplayer mode that will hypnotize your friends
- Colorful and atmospheric levels with a powerful electronic soundtrack
- Hobby composer can sync their own tracks with the game by connecting an analog synthesizer to the headphone output.
- BONUS: the game is compatible with digital dance mats and MIDI instruments, so it won’t just be your fingertips showing off their best moves!
Launch Teaser YouTube
Gameplay Trailer - Tower Crush YouTube
Gameplay Trailer - Sidestep YouTube
Logos & Icons
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Newcomer - Nominee" Deutscher Entwicklerpreis, December 2016
- "Best Newcomer - Second Place" Deutscher Computerspielpreis, April 2017
- "Emerging Talent - Nominee / Honorable Mention" Ludicious, January 2018
- "Audience Award - Second Place" A MAZE, April 2018
- "Best Game - Winner" Indie Arena Booth 2018, August 2018
- "Game Two gamescom Award "Unterhund" - Winner" August 2018
- "Gamer’s Voice Awards - Nominee" SXSW, March 2019
- "Best in Play - Winner" GDC, March 2019
- "Winding paths evaporate over bottomless pits, waves of the aforementioned spikes cascade across the stage and devious puzzles requiring an extra dimension of thought await."
- Jason Bohn, Hardcore Gamer
- "That same feeling of intense atmospheric focus you get in a game like Hotline Miami or High Hell is equally as palpable in Vectronom."
- Walker, Cliqist
- "Vectronom is a completely smooth and joyful experience precisely because you have to work out what it wants by yourself."
- Kate Fanthorpe, The Indie Game Website
- "Vectronom appears to be an excellent version of what a rhythm puzzler should play like in 3D."
- Sofi, Sleepy toadstool
- "It’s like M.C. Escher went out clubbing or something."
- Smiling Cat, Ludum Dare 25
- "…one of the most devilishly clever offerings we’ve seen in a while."
- Nick Cowen, htxt.africa
- "[Vectronom] is a simply a joy to play - perfectly tuned and addictively stylish. The game is immediately and intuitively playable - somehow both maddeningly frustrating and incredibly forgiving. The level design is exquisite - each new screen is a visual and spatial poem that you dance through."
- Eric Zimmerman,
Request Press Copy
Partnership behind the game
The collaboration between Ludopium and ARTE started in 2017. The Franco-German business accelerator Spielfabrique selected the Ludopium team to prototype the concept for Vectronom with the support of ARTE as co-producer. With the prototype well received by critics and the public alike, Vectronom has also been recognized with multiple awards including, Best Game at the Indie Arena Booth at gamescom 2018.
Feel like solving three-dimensional riddles to a frenetic electronic soundtrack? Let Vectronom inject its colorful madness into your life! It’s easy to get into the groove but can you stick to the beat?
More information on Vectronom, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Created in 1992, ARTE is a public service European culture channel and digital network with a focus on creation and innovation. In the last decade, ARTE has co-produced a number of major interactive works, including the games Type:Rider, Californium, Vandals, Homo Machina and Bury me, my Love.
Publisher and Co-Producer
Project Manager / Communications
Musician - Sound Designer
Game Arts Intern